But where exactly you can buy coffee in Baguio?
Ate Liberty, one of my friend who invited me to Baguio knows exactly where to buy coffee in Baguio - its the Garcia's. From our hotel, we hailed a taxi going to the market (where you usually but your pasalubong) and from there we walk a bit and ask a bit where we can buy coffee. The locals knows where. Ate Lib told me that if I smell coffee, surely where on the right track.
Seconds after she said that, I smelled freshly grind coffee. It was like a Starbucks in a public market.
We joined a mob forcing their order to unorganized store of the Garcia's. I was overwhelmed by the choices I have in front of me. I didn't know what to buy. There's Kalinga, Benguet, Sagada, Robusta. There's even a mild, medium and dark roast. For a time being, since there was no one from the store entertaining us, they were busy with other customers, I enjoyed smelling them, photographing them and just adore the different kind of bean in front of me.
| Sagada Medium Roast |
| Sagada Dark Roast |
I end up buying a kilo of Benguet, Sagada and Robusta from the Garcia's Pure Coffee. After a while I ordered Sagada Dark Roast. Base on the aroma, I like Sagada Medium Roast with its brownish color and roughish texture. But I'm pretty sure i'll be enjoying Sagada Dark Roast because I like strong and dark coffee.
| Ate Lib, Charity and Jen Waiting for our Coffee |
So I bought a total of 4 kilos of coffee. What did I do with them considering that you can only store grind coffee for 2 to 4 weeks? I never thought of it while I'm panic buying for coffee.
Here's what I did, Christmas present for my office-mates and friends :)
Garcia's Pure Coffee
Address: Hilltop Street, Hangar Market, Baguio City, 2600
Phone: (074) 423 1064
Address: Hilltop Street, Hangar Market, Baguio City, 2600
Phone: 0915 445 4416
